Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Checklists

I give my students a detailed checklist before every major writing assignment. This semester I'm co-teaching an Academic Legal Writing class, and the first assignment I've given my students, who are working on seminar papers, is to create a timetable, basically a checklist, for the rest of the semester. I think checklists are great, and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one.

Jennifer Murphy Romig has written before on using checklists for legal writing,  Checklists for Powerful, Efficient Legal Writing, and she is currently guest blogging about using checklists for legal writing in the “Project Management for Lawyers” series on Think Like a Lawyer.

The first guest post is called "Checklists for Legal Writing: It's hard to think of a subtitle expressing just how awesome they are." Awesome, indeed! Professor Romig summarizes the theory behind checklists, mentioning The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right, by Atul Gawande, and provides links to examples and resources. 

I look forward to reading the next three posts in the series!

http://thinklikealawyer.wordpress.com/2013/01/12/guest-blog-post-in-the-project-management-for-lawyers-series/


H/T Hollee Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment